This growing international pandemic is changing the choices we make in our everyday routines, and our physical and mental health has been quite inconsistent. It is and has been a frightening experience for us as a community. Looking after your wellbeing is very important. You can look after your physical and mental health in a lot of ways.
Below are the recommendations to help you and your family stay healthy and fit during this global pandemic. Anyone could follow these tips!
Keeping active can help you improve your sleep, lower your stress, and help you loosen up and make you feel better. It also helps to keep your brain healthy as it releases endorphins and serotonin that enhances mood and makes you feel good.
Exercising doesn’t immediately imply doing gym workouts or playing sports. Experts and professionals have consistently recommended 30 minutes of physical activity at least five times a week. You can walk around the park, or do some house chores.
Food impacts our mental health tremendously. When you eat the right kind of food, you are providing your brain with an opportunity to improve your mental and physical condition. No food can prevent or cure COVID 19. However, healthy food choices are important to support your immune systems.
There are a few things you can do:
- Eat plenty of your verdant vegetables. Veggies and lentils, for example, are rich in fiber, and several other nutrients.
- Try to cut down on salt and include omega-rich foods in your diet. Omega 3 fatty acids, that are found in oily fish such as tuna and salmon, can help you with depression. You can purchase multiple fish oil tablets on our website. Check out our website and buy your medicines from our online pharmacy.
- Stay hydrated. Gobble up plenty of water. It helps boost skin health and beauty. Book a doctor at our website in case you are encountering a skin condition. Furthermore, it helps to regulate the temperature of your body. The middle layers of the skin store the water. Once it evaporates it cools down your body.
- Feel like having a snack? Try switching to healthier snacks like nuts and fresh fruit.
Look after your mental health
Adapting to lifestyle changes can be quite difficult and challenging especially for people who face mental issues. However, there are several ways you can look after your mental health and help individuals who need support.
Watch YouTube videos and read articles on the latest advice and recommendations. Visit our Facebook page for more tips and information.
Try having a routine as well:
- Catch up on your sleep. Go to bed and wake up at similar times every day.
- Keep up with your personal hygiene. Regularly take a shower, wash your clothes daily, and brush your teeth 2 to 3 times a day.
- Allocate time to relax and rest. Give yourself a break and do things you enjoy.
Lifestyle changes can be quite stressful, however, to adjust to the current situation we need to take care of our mental and physical health.